Enrolment for 2016
Zoning Enrolment Policy
The Ministry of Education requires that our school has an enrolment zone. In line with the Education Act 1989, this is to avoid the likelihood of overcrowding and ensure as far as possible, that there are places for all students who are in-zone.
If a family is currently living out of zone, or considering moving to the area, and would like their child to be considered for enrolment, there is a ballot process. Basically, each year we publically notify a ballot date and the number of available places at our school for out-of-zone students. It is ideal if these families contact the school well in advance of the date of enrolment and we can inform you about the process and confirm the next ballot date. Out-of-zone families who already have a child at school and wish to enrol a sibling will go through the same process, noting that such children are a high priority - see below.
For example, our next ballot cut-off date is 18 November, 2015. Following that we will inform out-of-zone parents if they are able to enrol their child. The Education Act is very clear about the criteria we have to use in making these choices.
The order of priority in which applicants who live outside a school’s home zone are to be offered places at the school is as follows:
- First priority must be given to any applicant who is accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school.
- Second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school.
- Third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school.
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
Click here for a copy of our Enrolment form: Enrolment Form.pdf
The Board is currently reviewing our Policy for enrolment so that it aligns with the Education Act. We do have a draft policy and if you wish to obtain a copy of this contact the principal by email at: email@example.com
We will carry out this process in a fair and transparent manner. If there are any questions, contact the principal by email, or ring the office on (09) 828 8929.